Tuesday, August 23, 2005

8/23/05-busy

Things are getting busy for me. I had to take care of my daughter all weekend. the wifey had some class to go to. I did get some work done but not on the dictionary. I have my hands in like 10 things right now. One of them: is a kirtan with it's translation( translating what they're singing). I was working on that. It actually required math :) so that was cool. but it wasn't my idea someone mentioned it on mrSikhnet. so i ran with it just like the dictionary idea. problem i'm having with the Kirtan is that the file size is sooooooooooo big we're talking in 100's of megs. so there's gotta be a way to reduce the size of the file so i can share.

Dictionary project: I'm going to need some money to buy the words as it turns out. So Sat Guru provided me a way. I got a call from my old job asking me to moonlight with them. I said sure...
sometimes one has the will one but has to be shown the way...

So there's a Kirtan project, Dictionary project and my super secret surprise project and ohh the web site...

Well, we're going to need everyone's Pub(licity) skills when we're done with this.

Let's see, my schedule....well, if I moonlight that means that i'll have no time to work on anything for a couple of weeks but it'll also mean that i would have the funds to really do all the things all at once...so let's see what happens...

Sat Nam!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

isingh,
What kind of money is required to buy these words? Is the price per word or for a bundle of words? I wonder who is selling these words and how it works? How would you know if you've got all the words? It may not be a bad idea to ask for donations on your blog for the project.

11:56 AM  
Blogger ricky said...

manjit singh ji, we're trying to get this started so we have something to show people before we ask for money. once we start this and see the popularity of our products and services then we'll go from there...products and services will be free but if people want us to continue developing products FASTER then we'll need money, right now it's just me and Gurpreet Singh doing the development and some contractors (working on getting the right people...'have advertised on boards etc...).

my goal is to keep this project as Voluntary as possible. I believe it can be done this way. It's not as efficient sometimes(compared to hired help) but I think it can be done.

i hope all that made sense cuz i was disturbed like 10 times while writing this...

Sat Nam!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home